Presented in Widescreen

Monday 5 January 2009

top 23 (minus 2) albums of 2005

I recently re-discovered a list of my 23 favourite albums of 2005 and thought I'd post it here. Technically it's only a top 21 as the Owen and Styrofoam albums actually came out in November 2004, but I've left them in - I even suspected I was wrong at the time.

In alphapetical order:

Alfie - Crying At Teatime
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Broadcast - Tender Buttons
Cut Copy - Bright Like Neon Love
The Frames - Burn The Maps
Richard Hawley - Coles Corner
Hood - Outside Closer
Hookers Green #1 - On How The Illustrious Captain...
Jamie Lidell - Multiply
Low - The Great Destroyer
Mice Parade - Bem Vinda Vontade
Owen - I Do Perceive
The National - Alligator
Kate Rusby - The Girl Who Couldn't Fly
Shout Out Louds - Howl Howl Gaff Gaff
Sigur Ros - Takk
Spyamp - GTi
Stapleton - Hug The Coast
Stars - Set Yourself On Fire
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Styrofoam - Nothing's Lost
Vashti Bunyan - Lookaftering
Why? - Elephant Eyelash

I think the list holds up pretty well, I don't think my tastes have changed all that much since it was compiled. The only thing I'd quibble with now would probably be the Vashti Bunyan album.

No comments: